Crossing the Border

Canada has specific requirements for who can and cannot enter Canada and the type of identification they require.  For more information visit the Canada Border Services Agency website or contact the local port at (506) 752-1130.

Starting June 1, 2009, U.S. citizens returning home from Canada, Mexico, the Caribbean or Bermuda, by land or sea, are required to present one of the following travel documents: U.S. Passport, U.S. Passport Card, Enhanced Driver’s License (EDL) or Trusted Traveler Program Cards.  For more information visit the Western Hemisphere Travel Initiative website or contact the local port at (207) 733-4331.

Additional Links